Sunday, October 12, 2008

Latest British Psych-Pop Mix



Among other things, I'm a sucker for late 60s British psychedelia, including its wimpier sunshine-pop variations. So I cobbled together another mix of light British psych pop, titled Acid & Scones: More Of That Quaint British Psych-Pop (a sequel of sorts to one of my favorite mixes, Fanciful Tales of Whimsy & Mirth). I've got a dozen or so Nuggets-like compilations of UK Psychedelia and sunshine pop, so this gives me a chance to cull some of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on one's view of the sub-genre) of those comps, plus selected tracks from assorted albums. This will be followed by a companion piece of heavier, trippier British acid rock & all-out psychedelia.

Here's some video accompaniment:

Status Quo, "Ice In The Sun"


Pink Floyd, "Paint Box"


Keith West, "Grocer Jack"

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this type of mix. Well done!
hemizen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home